Monday, May 17, 2010

Plans for June


As June is getting nearer, it was important to make sure I have a space for the showing outside college. Various places I checked out have already been booked, while another had some strange requirements, including the fact that my audience had to take their shoes off. Also, most places are quite expensive, so the best option was to hire a place with a group of people, which not only has the advantage of sharing costs, but also presenting different work within one space, thus bringing in more audience.
A few of us went to check out the Rag Factory in Brick Lane, where I had performed a few months ago. It seems we have just managed to book two spaces for a day at the end of June. 
I will present What you see is what you get, taking advantage of the fact that this piece requires a closed space. The idea I dropped was presenting 'Organic Self' in a park, as the weather is not looking good and I don't want to take risks at this point. I wouldn't want to freeze outside and put another performer through the suffering, along with all the participants involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment