Wednesday, March 3, 2010

On Lab Two



We have been split into groups and in a couple of weeks our group is presenting work. We are largely working individually and each is presenting an unfinished piece that may illustrate what we have been/are/ will be working on. We will give feedback to one another and also get feedback from another MA tutor.


I am going further into exploring how the other senses (such as touch, hearing and smell apart from vision) may be involved in a performance and to what degree the participation of an audience disrupts the visual aesthetics of the work. I have been working on different ways of seeing/non seeing, which has led my work to looking into the dynamics of the feedback loop between performer and audience. My projects have up to now aimed at involving the audience in unconventional ways and, inviting them to find out and discover both visually and through the other senses rather than simply showing them. My future plans will involve a participatory audience. I want to trigger spectators' reactions through providing and effective way of challenging their perception. However, it is very important for me that participation does not turn into a game or a forced element of the piece.

Complex and subtle are the words coming to mind. And they mean to describe what could ideally be attributed to the results of the lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment