Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Space Space Space

Third and last term is kicking off! And it's time to present one of my pieces in a space outside school. I had been meaning to do that since presenting my first piece last December. However, I had realised how hard it is to find a venue in London that will not charge you a high price, making it really difficult for a full-time MA student who would not exactly be described as rich and economically independent (speaking for myself of course!)
Even big festivals like The Fringe in Edinburgh charge you for every single thing, from the hiring of a space to any minimal technical assistance, and this advantage is reserved to the selected artists and groups. Looking at the costs one wonders whether it's worth it to even apply.
It is no doubt a must to get out there, so in my current hunt for a venue, I do hope to get lucky. My advantage is that having more than one piece to choose from, I am flexible with spaces and have even thought of doing it outdoors. Problem is, outdoors is a synonymus to bad weather these days...
Let's see

No comments:

Post a Comment